Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Is love right in front of me?

I have been contemplating this for the past few days. What if I have found the love of my life and I didn't realize that they actually were that person? Is it possible that the love of my life is right in front of me, has been for a while, and it is just now resonating with me that this is the ONE?

I don't even know why I bring this up. Actually, I do. A couple of people have brought it up to me lately, but I just laugh it off.

But then the other night, I announced loudly that I had a revelation. And the revelation was that maybe I am in love with this person. The response from Bellini and VSC? "That's not really a revelation. Everyone already knows that. We are all just waiting for you two to act on it." Well played Skinner, well played.

Of course, after downing one two many cocktails that evening at the bar, I proceed to call Mr. B. and left him a 39 second voicemail. I "allegedly" - and I use the term allegedly because I have not yet listened to said voicemail - professed my love to him and told him that he was the only one for me. He of course is being persistent and doesn't want to drop the topic in daily convo and has to continually ask me if this is how I truly feel about him. My response? OF course I love you, I just don't know what kind of love it is yet.

Is it the Savage Garden "Truly, Madly, Deeply" type of love? I don't think it is. Is it a friendship type love? That's there for sure. Or is it something in between? The latter is the most likely scenario. Something more than friends but less than the "head over heels in love" type of love.

I also had to let Mr. B. know that prior to my calling him, I was not wearing any shoes but still wearing my sunglasses, and was lying down in the park, begging my friends to just let me pass out there, while arguing with a homeless man about the legality of being able to sleep in the park that is a mere three blocks from my house. LMAO! Only me...

So, is love right in front of me? And who is it that I am truly in love with?

1 comment: