Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sorry for the lameness

I was going to post regularly and then something called work and an election got in the way of things. So, to begin this post - which hopefully turns into a more regular posting - here is the inevitable Blogger apology. I am sorry for not posting, I have been busy, yadda yadda yadda...

I am in a funk right now. It is really a combination of so many different things that are going on. It's almost like a case of the PSD - Post Session Depression. (I work in politics and the legislature has a 60-day legislative session where we work and are going 90 MPH for the two months and then everything come to a screeching halt and it is a weird feeling of what to do now.) Don't get me wrong - I do truly enjoy my life and friends - but I just feel down right now.

Let's examine my life:

1. Home - never there. I travel too much for work and am never home. NEVER. I enjoy writing those checks each month for rent, cable and utilities when I barely even use them. Can you detect the sarcasm?

2. Work - I work too much. If you know me, you know this about me. I love my job, the people that I work for and with, but sometimes I just want a break from all of it. I want a day to go by where I do not turn on my Blackberry or my iPhone. A day where I do not check emails, text messages, PIN's, missed calls and voicemails. I am a little married to job and we are about to celebrate our three year anniversary.

3. Romantic Relationships - what's that? I am turning into the re-virginized Virgin Mary it feels like it has been so long. As much as I want to be in a relationship right now, my work and travel schedule wouldn't allow for a relationship that would be fair to the other person. I know this to be true, but sometimes it seems so hard to accept.

4. Friends - this is about the only thing that is always going well. My friends are the best - always there for me no matter how far away we all live from one another. LYMIDEC you all.

5. Family - can I skip this one? (Side note - I have been working on a post about my dysfunctional family and whenever it is finished, I promise to post...)

I just don't feel HAPPY right now. Yes...there are things that I do that make me happy, and I am still a smiling, happy go-lucky person...but overall, I just don't feel that overall happiness that we all strive to have in life.

Enough with the complaining. Things will turn and the funk will be over soon. I just needed to vent a little bit. I am feeling better already. More posts to come.

And although I know I don't have tons of faithful, devout, loyal followers of this blog yet, but what do you want to read about and see on here? I am trying to keep this somewhat anonymous - so face pictures are out of the question. But what about content? I need to find some stock photos to add to the blog to jazz it up a bit.

What do you think?

Skinner

No comments:

Post a Comment